The Edgartown Police Department urges parents and caregivers to ensure that car seats and booster seats are properly installed in their vehicles to prevent injuries or even death.
Approximately 8 out of 10 Child car seats are being used incorrectly
We recommend the following:
General Safety Guidelines
- Select a car seat based on your child’s age, height, and weight.
- Keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as your child fits the seat’s height and weight requirements.
- All children under 13 should ride in the back seat.
- Follow your car seat manufacturer’s instructions and your vehicle owner’s manual on how to install
- Get help from the Edgartown Police Department’s two CPS certified child car seat technicians.
- To book an appointment contact:
Officer Immelt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer Bishop – email@example.com
To get more information on child safety seats click below: