Request for Records (Incident/Accident Report)
To obtain records (Incident/Accident Report) you may download the Request for Incident Report Form or pick up a copy at the Police Station. Please note there is a fee (see fee schedule below.) The Police department will accept Incident/Accident report requests in person during normal business hours listed above, by U.S. Postal Service, by fax or telephone request if the same person will come to the station to pick up such request. Please allow up to 10 days to acknowledge and process records requests.
Mailings can be made to the following address:
Edgartown Police Department
PO Box 1118
Edgartown, MA 02539
Attn: Records Dept.
The following fees shall apply to obtain any public record in the custody of the Edgartown Police Department:
For preparing and mailing:
- motor vehicle accident reports $5.00 per report, no more than 6 pages. (.50 cents for each additional page)
For preparing and mailing $ 1.00 per page:
- crime reports
- incident reports
- miscellaneous reports
** A page is defined as one side of an eight and one-half inch by eleven inch sheet of paper
- That based on your relationship to the reported incident certain information will be redacted from the requested report and identification may be requested.
- Additional cost may be incurred due to search and segregation time
- A good faith estimate will be provided for all cost which may exceed ten dollars
- If payment is not received ten days after providing such good faith estimate, we will close the request without any action.
- Exemptions to the public records law may apply
If you’ve been in a car accident, taking care of the paperwork, working with your insurance company, and getting your car fixed can be confusing and overwhelming. Hopefully, some of the tools provided on this page can help.